Opportunity type:Permanent, Full-time
Working hours:40 hours per week
Salary:£39,500 plus sales related bonus, with great benefits
Location:London - Tate, Millbank
Closing date:09 February 2020 at midnight
Tate Eats is a commercial business and a trading arm of Tate Enterprises Ltd., itself a wholly owned subsidiary of Tate. Our activities vary from providing a restorative cup of tea to a weary visitor, through to catering for special events held by Tate’s corporate sponsors. Our aim is to be a market-leader within the arts sector, support Tate’s vision, and consistently provide outstanding events, food, drink and service at all the sites we operate in. All profits generated are returned to Tate.
The Head of Coffee by Tate is a unique role with that encompasses all aspects of coffee within the four Tate Galleries. The job entails sourcing, blending and roasting coffee for use in all Tate Eats’ sites and managing the Hot Beverage Team that is responsible for all aspects of tea and coffee delivery. In addition the role shapes and drives all external sales including: a slot-roasting programme, wholesale and white label contracts. The successful candidate will provide strong leadership and lead a team that makes a unique, ethical, quality-driven product while delivering a profitable business model.
More information on the Tate Roastery and its Gender Equality project can be found here
Required skills and experience for this role:
• A successful track record of business development, sales and strategy.
• Extensive experience of cupping and espresso quality assessment.
• Experience in developing blends for espresso and filter coffee.
• Budget setting and financial management.
• A proven track record in training people.
• Appraisal and personal development experience.
• Contacts in the coffee industry.
• Ability to work collaboratively within a diverse team and influence a large peer group.Interviews planned for w/c 10th February 2020.
As a member of the Disability Confident Scheme, we interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria for a job vacancy.
Our jobs are like our galleries, open to all.
Tate Catering is a wholly owned subsidiary of Tate and covenants all profits to support Tate’s work and collection.