Opportunity type:Fixed-term, See advert
Working hours:min. 24 hours per week
Salary:£13 per hour, plus great benefits
Location:London - Tate Modern, Bankside
Closing date:03 December 2019 at midnight
Tate Eats’ aim is to be the market-leading caterer within the arts and to consistently provide outstanding food, drink and service at the four Tate sites and the other sites within our business.
We are looking for passionate, knowledgeable and experienced Waiting Staff to join our team in the Restaurant on Level 9 at Tate Modern, working a minimum of 24 hours per week (over a 5-day period), with the possibility to be offered up to full-time hours as the business requires. This contract is being offered to cover a maternity leave for up to 6 months.
You will be an outgoing person, with a pro-active character keen to develop new skills and enhance your knowledge. You will enjoy a working environments focused on quality and dedicated to food and drink service.
Successful candidates will posses the following:
• Previous experience working as Waiting Staff in a full service restaurant
• Strong food & beverage knowledge, able to explain menu items fully. A good understanding of seasonality.
• Fantastic customer service skills and a professional approach to work
• Strong communication skills with the ability to effectively converse with a diverse client base
• Strong organisational skills with an attention to detail
• Ability to work independently, handle your own section
• Experience using elevtronic POS systems
• Be understanding of the needs of customers, the business and other staff members.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.
We offer great benefits, staff training, staff meal allowance, performance and service awards, great discounts in our shops and catering outlets, Employee Assistance Program, Cycle scheme and free entry to exhibitions for you, your friends and family.
As a member of the Disability Confident Scheme, we interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria for a job vacancy.
Our jobs are like our galleries, open to all.
Tate Catering is a wholly owned subsidiary of Tate and covenants all profits to support Tate’s work and collection.