's aim is to be the market-leading caterer within the arts and to consistently provide outstanding food, drink and service at the four Tate sites and the other sites within our business.
We are currently recruiting a Stores Assistant/driver for Tate Modern to join our small but busy team on a permanent basis. This is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic individual with previous experience within a catering warehouse or stores environment. You will be responsible and accountable for the receiving of all goods into Tate Britain.
The successful candidates will:
• Be a positive and strong member of the team, with a good work ethic
• Have great communication skills with the ability to communicate with staff at all levels and with suppliers and distributors
• Possess excellent attention to detail and stock management
• Have excellent numeracy skills
• Be able to work effectively under pressure and unsupervised
• Be flexible with their working hours and enjoy our 6AM early starts!
• To ensure that purchase orders are raised for all deliveries into the stores
• To ensure that all deliveries are recorded accurately on a daily basis, with an emphasis on correct quantities received and prices charged in accordance with the appropriate market sheet.
• To liaise with external suppliers to resolve all invoice queries, including delivery of incorrect products and/or incorrect prices.
• To assist the stores team with dispatching internal orders.
• General ad hoc duties as required.
Experience and skills
• Computer literacy
• Good numerical skills
• Attention to detail
• Flexible, punctual, with excellent time management skills
• Ability to work to deadlines and prioritise multiple responsibilities.
• Good communication skills
• Hands on Stocklink experience is desirable but not essential.
On occasions, we deliver goods between Tate Britain and Tate Modern you must hold a clear driving licence and for the purposes of our insurance, you are over 25 years old.
You will work a guaranteed minimum 32 hours a week. Most shifts will be 8 hours long, and most weeks you will be working 5 days a week include weekend. If you fulfil these criteria, we'd really like to hear from you so please apply today.
We offer great benefits, staff training, staff meal allowance, performance and service awards, great discounts in our shops and catering outlets, Employee Assistance Program, Cycle scheme and free entry to exhibitions for you, your friends and family.
As a member of the Disability Confident Scheme, we interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria for a job vacancy.
Our jobs are like our galleries, open to all.
Tate Catering is a wholly owned subsidiary of Tate and covenants all profits to support Tate’s work and collection.