Opportunity type:Permanent, Full-time
Working hours:38 hours per week
Salary:£10.55 per hour plus great benefits
Location:Tate Britain & Tate Modern
Closing date:17 November 2019 at midnight
's aim is to be the market-leading caterer within the arts and to consistently provide outstanding food, drink and service at the four Tate sites and the other sites within our business.
We are currently recruiting for one Commis Chef to join the busy Staff Café team at Tate Modern on a full-time contract. The Commis Chef will support the team in supplying eleven outlets in Tate Modern and Tate Britain.
Our Commis Chefs will demonstrate and show the following:
• Previous experience in a busy restaurant or café kitchen, in a similar role
• Basic knowledge of food and an enthusiasm to keep learning
• Fuss-free provision of food work in a timely manner, to a consistently high standard, whilst minimising waste
• Good written and verbal English communication skills
• Adherence to all health and hygiene regulations and policies
• Flexible to work in other areas when needed
If this sounds like you, please apply through the 'Apply' button below.
For full information about this role please see the Job Description / Person Specification below.
We offer great benefits, including staff training, staff meal allowance, performance and service awards, great discounts in our shops and catering outlets, Employee Assistance Program, Cycle scheme and free entry to exhibitions for you, your friends and family.
As a member of the Disability Confident Scheme, we interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria for a job vacancy.
Our jobs are like our galleries, open to all.
Tate Catering is a wholly owned subsidiary of Tate and covenants all profits to support Tate’s work and collection.