Opportunity type:Permanent, Full-time
Working hours:Min. 38 hours per wk, incl. evenings and weekends
Salary:£10.70 per hour plus great benefits
Location:London - Tate Modern, Bankside
Closing date:19 May 2019 at midnight
Tate Catering is proud to be the in-house provider of quality food and beverages for all the Tate sites. Our offer ranges from a sustaining sandwich to a memorable dining experience, as well as catering for special events being held by Tate’s corporate sponsors.
We are looking for a talented and ambitious Chef de Partie to join the busy brigade in L6 Kitchen and Bar team at Tate Modern. This position is being offered on a full-time, permanent basis. Our ideal candidate will be reliable, consistent and able to work flexible hours over a 5-day week including weekends, with a maximum of 2 evening shifts per week.
We want to be the best gallery catering facility in the world, with a strong commitment to quality, service and sustainability in the food and drink we serve. The successful candidate should share this passion and have:
• proven experience in a catering/ kitchen environment as CDP or strong Demi
• experience of running a section
• experience of supervising
a junior chef
• developing knowledge of and skill with food, in line with Tate Catering's ethos
• experience of managing stock and equipment
• excellent written and verbal communication skills
; the ability to communicate with staff at all levels
• the highest hygiene standards
• experience of cost control and minimising waste
• knowledge of chemicals and COSHH
We offer great benefits including staff training, staff meal allowance, performance and service awards, great discounts in our shops and catering outlets, Employee Assistance Program, Cycle scheme and free entry to exhibitions for you, your friends and family.
As a member of the Disability Confident Scheme, we interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria for a job vacancy.
Our jobs are like our galleries, open to all.
Tate Catering is a wholly owned subsidiary of Tate and covenants all profits to support Tate’s work and collection.