Opportunity type:Permanent, Full-time
Working hours:36 hours per week
Salary:£125,000 - £140,000 per annum
Closing date:25 February 2024 at midnight
Tate is seeking an exceptional CFO to deliver strategic and transparent financial leadership. The CFO will play an impactful role in making significant changes to move the organisation toward a more entrepreneurial and sustainable operating model for Tate.
Reporting to the Chief Executive, the CFO will lead: Finance, Technology, Estates and Capital Projects, and be the Executive Lead for finance and infrastructure matters at committee and board level. You will manage the funding relationship with DCMS and support the development of new business opportunities with Tate Enterprises Ltd.
You will need to be a proven change-focused Finance Director/CFO/COO and be able to develop highly effective working relationships with Board members, the Executive Group as well as DCMS.
This role is suited to someone positive that would relish being able to make an impact and drive a reputation for your teams playing an active role in providing creative solutions and improving business performance.
You will need to be:
• A fully qualified (CCAB or equivalent) finance professional;
• A proven leader (ideally across multiple sites), passionate about best ‘business partnering’ practice and able to galvanize exceptional performance across large teams;
• Proven experience at board level and with managing complex stakeholder relationships with government and other funders;
• Entrepreneurial and strategic, able to lead change across all areas of the business, not simply within the postholder’s areas of specialism
• Able to take a long-term strategic view on capital projects from conception to completion and oversee the Estates strategy for all sites;
• Someone with strong emotional intelligence, able to play an important role in a broad range of activities relating to executive planning, acting as the Chief Executive’s trusted business partner and be a respected member of the executive team;
• A champion for the inter-related goals of financial, environmental and organisational sustainability;
• An articulate spokesperson for the values, objectives and ambitions of Tate.
Our jobs are like our galleries, open to all